About Me

Santa Cruz, California
I'm a 21 year old student and artist who makes games and other art. This is my portfolio.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

ReEntry


I'm gonna just be lazy and copy my announcement from the EGP Site.

I was inspired by this month’s theme[Failure] to create this game, ReEntry:

http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/action/reentry/855/

You play a damaged spaceship attempting to survive re-entering a planet’s atmosphere.

It doesn’t end well…

This game is intentionally visually and aurally overwhelming. I was attempting to simulate the chaos and massive amounts of energy that would be involved in this sort of situation. By creating a sense fear, frustration, and futility in the player, I hope to open their eyes to the sheer amounts of energy and power embedded in the physical world, and the difficulties that actual space travelers have to overcome.

Also, there are lots of quickly and brightly flashing images in this game, if you have sensitive eyes or are epileptic, I would avoid it.

No comments:

Blog Archive